Sunday 9 September 2012

Food hunting in Melbourne #101 [Huxtaburger, Monsieur Truffe, Fatto a Mano, The Dessert Box & Meet Fresh]

Hello to anyone who reads this 8D
I haven't made a post in a while but I thought I might as well because like... you know .. I have homework to do and what better way to get my mind off it by posting on here :'D

Alright, so I was waiting for my friend (who overslept) and then I see this man just 'cussing' at the Telstra building on Bourke Street in the city. It intrigued me a bit.. I really wonder why he was doing this ..

Alright stop #1: Huxtaburger. Been dying to try this ages now. So we're waiting for the food to come and I decide to take pictures of whatever I can find. I took a few shots of the glass of water they gave me and this is what I ended up with after photoshop :)
The 'Denise' Burger. This was my burger which contained the buns, beef patty, cheese, jalapenos, sriracha mayo, mustard, mayo, tomato sauce, tomato, cheese, lettuce and pickles. Oh wow .. I didn't know there was that much in it ._.
My friend got the standard huxtaburger ( beef Pattie, mustard, mayo, tomato sauce, tomato, cheese, lettuce and pickles)
It was a delicious burger and worth the money. Kinda wished it was a bit bigger though haha

Time to walk off the burger. I came across this friendly dog who was waiting for its owner. I was playing with it a bit to be able to get this shot. I love dogs :P
Stop #2: Monsieur Truffe. My friend said that this place had a good hot chocolate. Who can say no to a good hot chocolate?
Yes they have a lot of cocoa .__. oh the cocoa...
The interior of Monsier Truffe is truly a beautiful sight. It is a quiet and calm place. Perfect for a chat over tea or coffee (well hot chocolate in my case)
Okay, my friend ended up getting the 70% House Blend and I got the 72% Ecuador. The image is the Ecuador :) the House Blend looks the same except only one streak of chocolate over it >:D
The extra 2% in mine made it significantly more bitter which was alright for me but quite surprising.
Stop #3: Fatto a Mano
While we were at Monsier Truffe, I went on urbanspoon and checked out what was nearby and came across this bakery. Me and my friend decided to get this spicy calzone. Only half though and then we shared that aha
Unfortunately it wasn't the best choice, not for me or my friend. Although we should of went and tried the pizza like I said :( There's always next time :)
Stop #4: The Dessert Box!
Oh my.. We started craving dessert so we went to Lygon Street to this place which was recommended by our friend. No regrets ! :) We got the honey golden bricks. It's toast bricks with vanilla ice cream and honey with it being caramelised after that. They know their desserts <3


Okay we've eaten a lot now .. I really can't believe it ._.
Time to do random poses that use the energy we stored up.
OH! This is my friend who accompanied me all day :) Introducing Clarinna. She has a blog too, shall be linking at the bottom :D

So like... she got tired and was playing with my camera~

She got me in ._.

Managed to snap a photo of her while she was distracted :D I like .. :P


We met up with the friend who recommended the dessert place to go around. Clarinna wanted some glasses so we went to Melbourne Central and checked them out. Don't we look awesome? :D

Stop #5: Meet Fresh. Seriously what am I doing?
Not sure what the name of it was but apparently it's one of the more popular ones on the menu.
Was not too bad I guess. The syrup with the ice was nice. The toppings were half good and half were okay.

Alright! Let's wrap up everything :P

Stop #1: Huxtaburger
Awesome burger. Can't complain about the taste or much about the price. Denise was $9, Huxtaburger was $8 and the large chips were $3. My only problem was the size haha. The staff were quite friendly but a bit reluctant when I asked for water :|

Price: 8.5/10
Food: 9/10
Service:8/10
Overall: 8.5/10

Definitely a must try!
Check them out, they're at: 106 Smith Street, Collingwood, VIC 3066


Huxtaburger on Urbanspoon

Stop #2: Monsieur Truffe
I like dark chocolate so it was really nice for me. I love hot chocolate too :) Staff were incredibly nice and even explained a few things about the chocolates to me and Clarinna haha. The price was kinda a lot for what I got but yeah. The House Blend was $5 and the Ecuador was $5.20.

Price: 7.5/10
Drink: 8.5/10
Service: 10/10
Overall: 8.67/10 <<

Check them out, they're at: 90 Smith St, Collingwood, VIC 3066


Monsieur Truffe on Urbanspoon

Stop #3: Fatto a Mano
Alright, I need to go back and try other things here. I can't give a definite score for this sorry :( I shall give you this a full review once I try their other stuff on the menu!

Stop #4: The Dessert Box
Amazing! XD No complaints about the food. The guy who served us was really nice and even let us stay for probably about an hour after we finished eating too. :) The honey golden bricks was $15.90 and worth the money in my opinion.

Price: 9/10
Food: 9/10
Service: 10/10
Overall: 9.33/10

Must try this *.*
They're at 147 Lygon Street, Carlton, VIC 3053


The Dessert Box on Urbanspoon

Stop #5: Meet Fresh
Not too bad for the asian dessert that's been surfacing up in Melbourne. Didn't have a problem with service but that was mainly because my friend could speak a bit of chinese haha. Pricing was okay I guess?

Price: 7/10
Food: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 6.67/10

Your personal choice I guess, Check them out at: 147 Swanston St, Melbourne, VIC 3000


Meet Fresh on Urbanspoon

That's all from me :'D
Hope you enjoyed my reviews and my pictures xD
This is my friend's blog, check it out! http://mydietstartstomorow.blogspot.com.au/

Til next time,

~R


1 comment:

  1. Hi ,

    Your first posts just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/1642008/restaurant/Melbourne/Huxtaburger-Collingwood
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/1478726/restaurant/Melbourne/Monsieur-Truffe-Collingwood
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/1687075/restaurant/Melbourne/The-Dessert-Box-Carlton
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/1688483/restaurant/CBD/Meet-Fresh-Melbourne

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/71/9275/Melbourne/A-Photo-is-Worth-a-Thousand-Words.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete