Tuesday 11 September 2012

Food to avoid the awkwardness :) [Red Silk & Giraffe Cafe]

Hello again to whomever reads this~ :3
Today I finally got the chance to meet my friend Linda :D I don't know about others but like I'm really awkward when meeting someone in real life for the first time ._. So easiest way out? Food~ :D

Stop #1: Red Silk. It's an old restaurant that I've tried in the past and
I was hoping they could live up to my expectations :)

I still love their entrance~ Looks so inviting :9

The specials are displayed on the wall, really pulls you in :D

Fried Rice Noodles with Chicken in Black Pepper Sauce $9.80
It was an alright dish. Too much sauce and pepper for my liking.

Katsudon $9.80
Linda loved it but said a bit too much rice. :)

Stop #2: Giraffe Cafe
Everyone has told me this a must try so I went and finally tried it today ~
When I entered first I was quite skeptical because it looked really small in area
and options but I was pleasantly surprised.

Their interior designs and decorations are absolutely beautiful.
It truly makes you feel at ease :)

They have so much decorations it just makes you stop and admire everything.
I felt very comfortable here even though it was my first time coming in and it was all due to their atmosphere ^^

Introducing Linda~ :D I had a few more shots of her but this was the only one I was fairly okay with :P
Was quite interesting to meet her finally :) Glad she could join me today xD

This is how the waitress knew which table to bring our food to *.*
It's so fascinating haha

Raspberry Cheesecake $7.50
This looked amazing and Linda seemed to love it ;9

Blueberry Belgium Waffles $8.50
I enjoyed this quite a lot. The fruit broke apart as I ate it, the waffle was crisp
and the blueberries were just right that went altogether with the ice cream and chocolate <3
Wrap up! :)

Stop #1: Red Silk
It was an alright experience. They took quite a while to bring out our food and didn't seem that friendly. The food was okay for me but Linda liked her one more than I liked mine haha. The price was standard price in my opinion.

Food: 5/10
Service: 5/10
Price: 7/10
Overall: 5.67/10

It's okay now. Use to be better I think :(
Check them out if you like, they're at: Level 1, 200 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000


Red Silk on Urbanspoon

Stop #2: Giraffe Cafe
Okay I'll admit, I really do like this place. Relaxing atmosphere, great food but not so much service so yeah :\

Food: 10/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 9/10
Overall: 9/10

Definitely must try this place. Really is amazing. :)
They're at: 302 Little Lonsdale Street,Melbourne, VIC 3000


Giraffe Cafe on Urbanspoon

That's my take on it all :) Big thanks if you read this !

Til my next food hunt :9
- R

No comments:

Post a Comment